tuning x30xe

Hallo,
    vor einiger Zeit habe ich eine britische Seite gefunden, ich glaube, sie
    war unter mv6ers.com oder mv6er.com zu finden.
    Die Seite beschäftigte sich mit Tuning unseres X30XE-Motors, mit vielen
    guten Hinweisen zur Standfestigkeit, Bearbeitung der Einlasskanäle usw.

Auf dem Treffen heute sagte omega96, dass catera hier wohl einige Infos
    haben könnte, wer weiß noch was?

Gruß
    Robert

Steinmetz Kompressorumbau
    Heckspoiler Irmscher, Steinmetz Bodykit
    Bremse 335/34mm vorn

bekannter hat schärfere nocken drin, fächer und anderen auspuff im gleichen zug die SW angepasst und soll um die 250PS haben, jedoch läuft der motor auf grund der scharfen nocken sehr unrund und muß getrieben (auf drehzahl gehalten) werden um die leistung zu erreichen...

Kompressor: hab ich nicht nur dran gedacht - er liegt schon bereit.

Mir ging es eigentlich um diese britische Seite - dort gab es viele Tips,
    wie man den Motor standfester macht, Kolben mit Öl kühlt, usw..

Bremse 335/34mm vorn

Hallöchen!!!

MV6-1701

Welche britische Seite genau meinst Du???

MfG OrkoDerMagier

"Hubraum" ist durch nichts zu ersetzen - außer "durch noch mehr Hubraum"!!! :P

Orko:
    Ich hab nochmal etwas gesucht und folgenden Textauszug gefunden:

The X30XE is a 54 degree v6 built by GM at Elsmere Port. It gets used in Chryslers, Cadilacs, Opels and Vauxhalls. Due to it's complexity and high cost, tuners often shy away from it, but once it's stripped, it's quite a simple engine and there are many cost effective mods for it which are common across the 4 valve/cylinder family of GM engines. It's very compact design(the block is 39cm long!), and tips in at around 160 kg.

The heads are the same design as the 4 cylinder ecotec engine, with 4 valves/cylinder, 32mm inlet and 25mm exhaust, hydraulic bucket lifters etc, while the block is a open face design and features 86/86mm bore/stroke, an oil/water heat exchanger between the cylinder banks, 4 maincaps, and a cast iron crank (later 3.2's had a steel crank) as standard.

I'm interested in this engine for the manta for the following reasons.

The C20XE is a great engine to tune, but will always be lacking in the torque department. The X30XE has 50% extra capacity, so more potential torque, and the engine should retain most of the revviness of the XE.
    the V6 is heavier than the XE, but lighter than the CIH engine the GTE originally came with.
    it's not a common engine, and will provide a good challenge.
    the engine note.. 4 pots are for girls (sorry Brian) lmao
    loads of unknown potential.

Tuning the X30XE

The most common mods for this engine are replacing the oil/water heat exchanger with an air/oil cooler, as the oil/water one has a tendancy to die and leak oil into the water system, lightening the flywheel, as the std one is very heavy (in the region of 15 kg), a mild set of cams, and enlarging the inlet butterfly. These are all mods which can be done without cracking open the engine.

Tuning the engine further than some bolt on mods is quite an undertaking as the engine has quite a few weak spots.

The rods are quite weak due to their (lack of) width, the water pump is too small for forced induction, the bearings need replacing with stronger items, and the rear cylinders overheat.

The rods can be resolved by replacing with saab 3.0L rods which have an oil squirter drilled into them (to lube the small end, the std rods rely on splash lubrication), welding strengthening strips onto them (yuck! lol), or by getting some steel rods made. Steel rods are expensive (Arrow Precision quote £200/rod for a batch of 6). Ouch! Still, they should be good to around 9000rpm. If you've won the lottery, Swindon Race Engines will make a custom steel crank and rods for £3700 + VAT. They can also stroke it out to 3.4L

The cooling can be resolved by cutting slots between the water jacket in the center so that water can flow out of block cooling jacket and into the radiator outlet/engine water inlet. I'll post up some more information and photo's on this mod when I've modded my 3.0L block. Many thanks to Frank Denker for this information.

I've not investigated a solution to the bearing problem yet, I'll update when I know more.

It isn't all bad news thought. The pistons have nice deep pockets, the heads can be opened up nicely, and valvetrain tuning parts from the X16XE (1.6 16v ecotec) can be fitted. The engine has lots of potential, it'll just take a lot of work to achieve it.

The engine will really benefit from headwork (some details of my work here). bigger valves (+1mm) can be fitted (standard is 32mm inlet and 28mm exhaust) if the seats are cut carefully. This would put it nearly on a par with the C20XE head design, the main difference being the steeper angle of the exhaust valves

The standard intake system is quite restrictive, and can be improved on. Here's a link to my home grown design.....

The engine has been tuned up to around 420BHP in a normally aspirated state of tune by Swindon Race Engines though this will set you back £18k + vat. SRE also have developed a very compact roller barrel induction kit for it, which enables a standardish engine to produce 320BHP@7000rpm, the only other mods being solid lifters and a set of mild cams. The solids are put in to aid accurate cam timing, and to stop belt kick-back if the engine's been standing for any length of time and the hydraulic lifters have drained. However, this induction kit isn't cheap, and at 4000GBP+vat (just the throttles, trumpets and injectors), it's a remortgage the house and pimp the cat job.

The engine's also been supercharged to good effect by a dutch nutter called Frank Denker, who achieved 400bhp+100bhp of nitrous. It was his tuner which solved the cooling problems that forced induction conversions have.

und jemand antwortete in diesem Forum http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums…all_archive/t-343901.html:

Cheers mate, but thats v6ers.com (http://www.valvers.com/v6/x30xe.html) Most of the links are now dead from that :(

Und, wie er sagt, die Links sind tot!

Gruß
    Robert

Bremse 335/34mm vorn

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MV6-1701 ()

• Hey,

dir scheint die Diskussion zu gefallen, aber du bist nicht angemeldet.

Wenn du ein kostenloses Konto eröffnest merken wir uns deinen Lesefortschritt und bringen dich dorthin zurück. Zudem können wir dich per E-Mail über neue Beiträge informieren. Dadurch verpasst du nichts mehr.

Jetzt anmelden!